Hello friends, welcome to MultiAstuces. We are here with a new article on MAC address change. Our topic today is how to change Mac address in Android. Here in this article, I will provide you with the complete information about Mac address. Besides, I will also provide you with all the guidelines regarding the need to change Mac address and what can you do after changing Mac address? So let’s start our article today titled How to Change Mac Address in Android.
But before you run any task, you should be very familiar with Mac address. First of all, I will explain a few points about the Mac address. Because it is very important to understand the term before passing on the description of a task to the stages. MAC usually stands for Media Access Control. Where the IP address is associated with the Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocols. MAC can be defined as the hardware address of each network interface card (NIC). The network or network interface card is a key connection device of a computer or laptop. It is essential that a computer connects to a network. Each time a network adapter is manufactured, it is assigned a unique MAC address. It is hard-coded on a computer from the time it was made. It’s all about the MAC address. Hope you get it correctly.
How to change Mac address in Android?
Now there is another important topic related to this article which is Android. Yes, now we are going to walk you through some basics about Android as a topic. Like how to change MAC address in Android is related to Android too. So I want to clarify that what is android? Friends Android is a Linux based operating system which allows your mobile phone to function properly. Friends, if you are currently using Android mobile phone, it means your cell phone is running Linux operating system and you are using Android phone. It was first developed by Android Incorporation.
But later Google bought and owned it. Android has provided us with many applications or applications some of which are for entertainment and others to help us in our work in the office, in school and in our daily life. Google Play Store is one of the most popular, useful and favorite apps for users. It allows you to install all paid and unpaid apps provided by Google.
Now there is a question: why do we have to change MAC address or what is the need to change MAC address? In the next section of our today’s article, we will describe to you the need or importance of changing the MAC address of your Android phone.
Why do we need to change MAC address?
While we are describing the trick on how to change MAC address in Android, it is very important to discuss or better say describe its needs. The need to change your Mac address. Friends like we described the Mac address above, but sometimes we need to change it. And that’s because sometimes we need to hack someone’s WiFi or someone’s Whatsapp account as well.
Yes, you can use some people’s Wi-Fi and some other applications by changing your Mac address and making it the same as the target’s MAC address. Not only that some times, you are in danger of hacking if you have public wifi connection. Because any hacker can easily hack your WiFi connection if they manage to get your original Mac address. But you can save yourself from this situation by changing your mac address. So, these are the few points where you can tell the reasons why Mac address change is important. Now you have to think about changing Mac address. I will provide you the trick to change the MAC address of your Android device. But before that, there are some basic conditions you need to meet before moving on to the next round.
Now the requirements, there are some requirements that you must meet or fulfill to move forward. You need:
- Rooted Android device
- Android Busybox Application
- Terminal emulator or Chamele Mac application
Note: this tip is only for rooted Android devices without rooting your phone. You cannot continue. If you want to change your Android device, then the article on how to root your Android device can help you. To root your Android device, click here.
Advantages of changing MAC address
We will now describe the advantages of changing Mac address. Or in other words, we can tell you that we will let you know what you can do after changing the Mac address. Here we are mentioning some points or benefits that you will get after changing your Android Mac address.
You can Connect to WiFi from where you were blocked.
Friends, if any Wi-Fi connection has been blocked for you, you can now connect your device to that Wi-Fi just by changing your Android Mac address. For example, a friend of yours or someone, the owner of the WiFi connection, whose WiFi you are using, has blocked you from their WiFi access. In this case, you would not be able to connect to this WiFi. But friends, you can connect with this WiFi by changing your mac address.
We can bypass the page Internet Service Provider
Friends, you can bypass the ISP login page. This means if you haven’t paid your internet bill, they will block your Mac address and you won’t be able to access the internet. In this case, you need to find the MAC address of another user, using the same ISP. Then you need to change your mac address. And do the same with the Mac address of this user. In this way, you can ignore the access provider’s login and enjoy Internet services without logging in.
Tips to change Mac address in Android
1- How to change Mac address using Chamele Mac App
- First of all, you must download the ChameleMac application . You can just download the app from the given link. Simply click hereto download the ChameleMac application .
- Then activate the unknown sourceson your android device if you are downloading apk file for the first time. Because without enabling the unknown sources, you cannot install the apk files. Just go to Settings> Security> Enable unknown sources .
- Now, install the apk file on your device which you downloaded from the link shown above.
- Now, open the app you have installed.
- It will ask you for root access. Tap the option to agree or authorize. Now you will see the main screen.
- Now you will see the Mac address of origin of your device. Just write down the original Mac address. You may need it in the future.
- Now click the Generate Random Mac option or enter the MAC address of your choice.
- After that, click Apply New MAC Option here.
- Now it will ask you for confirmation. You just need to click on the option of change from there.
2- How to change Mac address using terminal emulator application
Terminal Emulator is a really awesome app. You can also hack Wifi networks using this app. And if you want to use kali linux or backtrack 5r3 linux in your device. Then you can do it just using the terminal emulator app. You can also check your phone’s root access by simply typing su in the Terminal application. So this is a very useful app, and now I am using it to change MAC address in Android.
- First, download the terminal emulator application. You can download the app from Play Store. Open the Play Store app on your device. Find the terminal emulator app. If you find it, install it on your device. Beside that, you can just download the app from the given link. You just need to click here to download the terminal emulator app.
- Now you need installthe downloaded application on your device.
- It will ask for root permission, press the button authorize or grant .
After that you just need from type below given commands respectively . And hit enter button.
Now type su , it will ask you for root permission, now tap the grant button or allow.
- Now if you want to see your own MAC address in this app, type then busybox iplink show eth0 ″ and press Enter.
- Now you need to enter busybox ifconfig eth0 hw ether XX: XX: XX: XX: XX: XX in the terminal emulator and press Enter button.
change Mac address in Android
- After that you need to replace XX: XX: XX: XX: XX: XX with one of the numbers on which you want to define your new MAC address.
- Here you are, your MAC address has been successfully changed. If you want to see your new MAC address, enter busy box link show eth0in the terminal emulator.
- Now you need to download MTK Engineering Mode app.
- After that open this app and click on MTK Settings. Then it will open the
Engineering mode on your device.
- Now it will show some of the options it contains. You must therefore click on Connectivity , then on WiFiand finally on NVRAM .
- Now you need to enter the values given below -below in Byte String Access
Addr (H, Byte): 4
Length (Byte): 6
- Now it will show your MAC address as value (h)
- Then you can change your MAC address according to your need, then press Write .
These are the three steps that will let you know how to change the Mac address on Android . You can use any of these three steps and change your Mac address. But note that the third step in tech mode, friends, is only for MTK processor-based devices. It does not work on other devices.
4- How to change Mac address using ES file explorer
Es File Explorer is the best file manager software for Android devices. I also use it in my device. The best part about Es File Explorer is that it also works as a root explorer app or as a root file manager. It means you can see your system files in this app or you can edit as well. So in this method, we will use it to change MAC address in Android.
No : –
- First of all you need to download and install Es File Explorer (you can download it from Play Store).
- Now open it.
- Then open the left menu or press the menu key.
- Now activate the root explorer .
- Then also activate Show hidden files
- Now look for a folder named EFS
- Then find and open another folder in the EFS folder named WiFi .
- After that you will see 2 folders. The first named folder is mac.coband the second folder named mac.info
- Now open mac.cob using the text editor.
- It will show your mac address current.
- Type a new one Mac addressand save this file.
- That’s all , you have finished.
Hope you like our article today. Thank you to all of you, readers, for your visit and for your precious time. If you have any question or issue related to this article, you can ask me to comment below. I will try to answer you soon. Therefore, please share this article with your colleagues, family and friends. Also share it on your social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter. And I’ll be back with a new article. Until then, bye.