Stellarium Mobile PLUS
Stellarium Mobile Plus is the next generation star map app for astronomy. It combines a realistic and accurate night sky simulation with a huge amount of online image and celestial object catalogs.
This Plus version was designed from the ground up by the original creators of Stellarium, the award-winning open source planetarium, to display a potentially unlimited amount of data through an intuitive and minimalist user interface.
• All known stars: Gaia DR2 catalog with over 1.69 billion stars
• All known planets and their natural satellites, including very high multi-resolution images for the most important
• The most famous deep sky objects: a combined catalog of over 2 million nebulae and galaxies
• All known comets
• Many smaller objects of the solar system (10,000 asteroids)
• Many visible artificial earth satellites (including the International Space Station)
• A full sky background image with very high multiple resolution
for astronomers keen to experiment, it also includes:
• Telescope Control Module: Control each telescope through an application compatible with the Stellarium Telescope Server protocol.
Please note that the app works perfectly without an internet connection, but with a reduced data set (2 million stars, 2 million deep sky objects, 10,000 asteroids).
In addition to these functions, it also contains most of the functions that are already available in the standard Stellarium Mobile app:
• Show the sky anytime, anywhere
• Sensor control to identify a star in seconds by simply pointing the phone at the sky!
• Asterisks and illustrations of the constellations for dozens of celestial cultures
• realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise and sunset &
• accurate simulation of atmospheric refraction
• Night mode (red)
Major update with many improvements including:
– new catalogs of celestial objects
– more data on celestial objects (spectral types, BV, phase etc ..)
– better sensor mode for many devices
– improved accuracy in star rendering
– better constellation rendering by default
– Lots of other fixes and improvements
We look forward to hearing from you and receiving your feedback!